Couches on Fire

A Morgantown Area Music and Culture Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

DEERHOOF and LIBRARIANS at 123




Have you heard of Deerhoof? Because they'll be playing an All-Ages Show at 123 Pleasant Street with Librarians on Tuesday the 27th of September. The doors open at 7:30, while the show itself will start at 8:00pm. That's so the kids don't have to stay up too late on a school night and neither do you.

If you haven't been living in a dark shed for the last couple years, you've probably heard of Deerhoof. Or maybe you haven't been in a shed and for some mysterious reason you still haven't heard of Deerhoof. Well, in any case you're hearing about Deerhoof now because this post is about Deerhoof. In fact, this post is so much about Deerhoof that from now on I'm going to call it "The Deerhoof Post." I'm serious.

The stuff about Deerhoof that you need to know is pretty basic. For one thing, they are a really sweet indie noise experimental group from San Francisco, CA who have given us such bitchin' rekkids as 2004's Milk Man and 2003's Apple O' which contain track after track of pure sonic goodness.

I'm certain that if you don't have now you can get 'em at the show. Or order 'em from your internet music vendor of choice.

Based on Deerhoof's reputation for strange yet enjoyable music, which my roommate Noah, commenting on the Milk Man record coming from my stereo, said "sounds like some kind of messed up asian cartoon soundtrack," I think I speak for common sense when I say that this is a show that all y'all need to see and since it's an early all ages show you can conceivably get there and still make it to your morning class or J-O-B the next morning. Plus, since it's an all-ages show you can bring the whole family. It'll be neato!

"But don't take my word for it" I say in a phoney balloney used car salesman voice, "click here for a bajillion Deerhoof mp3s and if you don't like it you can return it free of charge within 30 days, but if decide to keep it, you'll be hooked, hooked I say! HOOKED!"

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home