Couches on Fire

A Morgantown Area Music and Culture Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Are you out there?

Dear Lost Souls,

We should have some new posts coming soon by people other than me (hopefully), but in the meantime I wanted to give a heads up on this week's shows. Tonight at 123 Pleasant, Nakano will be playing with David Bello and Sebastian and a touring act called Isobella. Isobella are evidently a shoegazer act, and have been compared to the Cocteau Twins and Slowdive, which has been my bread n butter since '95, so go and make me feel bad for missing it. Thanks, employer of mine. I caught David Bello & his merry band last weekend again and their songs just get more catchy each time. My offer of Jager shots for Baptiss Blacktick covery still stands, but I have to be there, boys. Also M. Iafrate will be lending his musical skieelz to Nakano, and Aaron Hess will be screening a short film beforehand, so arrive early and ready to revel.

And Thursday, for those of you unwilling or unable to pay the $14-17 to see Bob Mould, there's a band called Valencia playing at Fuel. I don't know what they sound like, but Mark Miller of Bowling League is setting it up, so it's reasonable to think it will be quite good. Show starts at 9, they play around 10:30 or 11.

Before I end this post, I'm curious as to just how many people actually read this blog. We have plans to redesign it and start flyering around campus to get more readers. Eventually. If you're reading this message, give us a shout in the comments and we'll see how many people are awake.

13 Comments:

  • At 11/08/2005 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read it. Though I'm hurt that the peckerheads/Uk show didn't get a review.

    yrs-
    Evan!

     
  • At 11/08/2005 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i check it from time to time, obviously.

    Bryan

     
  • At 11/08/2005 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    obviously I read it, since I catch shit quite often in the comments area.Anyway... Isobella is a greeeat band, I saw them play here about 5 years ago. The only other person that I can remember being there was Quattro- not many turned out for that show. Looks like I'm going to miss them tonight (damn research paper!) Someone should write a review so's I know. Apparently they've gone to just a 2 piece, so I have no idea what they'll sound like now. Oh well.

     
  • At 11/09/2005 9:07 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Hopefully Patrick will be writing a review. I feel pretty stupid being the only one posting most of the time, especially since I didn't even start Couches on Fire. Um, obviously I read this, heh.

    I guess we can expect that the majority of the people who read this actually comment, which still gives us like 10-20 people, although not many check every day. We need a photographer or something too. Any takers?

     
  • At 11/09/2005 9:43 AM, Blogger miafrate said…

    hey hey

     
  • At 11/09/2005 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i read it and i live in a different country. morgantowners have no excuse.

    -julie

     
  • At 11/09/2005 12:40 PM, Blogger Skull-Shaped Maracas said…

    i'll post a review of the mould gig.

     
  • At 11/09/2005 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A hoy hoy.

     
  • At 11/09/2005 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i just read it now, im pretty slow when it comes to reading... some might say "illiterate" but im not sure what that word means, so i dont mind. what?

     
  • At 11/09/2005 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im too lazy to register, but Im here for ya Brian...

    hugs and kisses,
    Billy

     
  • At 11/10/2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A dozen! whoo-hoo for you!

    yrs-
    Evan!

     
  • At 11/16/2005 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mark Miller here,

    I read sporadically when reminded, I'm touched to have me name mentioned. That show actually went quite well, aside from the over masculated kid who threatened me when I spilled beer on him, and then left after only seeing the band that I help put in town so he could see them.... these kids today have no respect.... anyways, if we can slip it in here. Bowling League will be playing an actual show in some form on november 21st, with our good friends Elementtary Thought Process, a band who you all have missed the last 4 times they've been here (accept for those who were in my band at the time) and you would all love them... or at least like them..

     
  • At 11/16/2005 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the show is at 9 and free and at the corner cafe

    thanks,
    Mark

     

Post a Comment

<< Home